Friday, August 28, 2009

Anniversary Shoot

While I suffer with dissatisfaction over my photography, I need to prepare for tomorrow's shoot. The parents of a good friend will celebrate their 50th anniversary tomorrow, and have asked me to photograph the event. Well, actually I think I asked them. Either way, we have agreed that I will show up tomorrow with my gear and take some photographs.

I'm looking forward to it. I feel confident I can come away with some photos that capture how special the day was, and how special this couple is. It means a lot to me to get this shoot right. I have been reading books and studying photographs at every chance I get. I have asked my friend to look for any iconic photos from his parents' wedding that we might want to recreate tomorrow. I have also found some period-correct examples of couples poses that I want to try. To wrap it up, I hope to get a photo of the entire clan.

Time to get the gear set up and practice. Maybe after this shoot I'll find a glimmer of satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment