Friday, August 21, 2009

TFP

For a long time I have been pondering a problem:

* I need people to model for me so I can experiment and gain focused experience
* I don't have the bankroll to pay models for their time

A photographer acquaintance's web site gave me the answer: TFP = Time For Prints

This is exactly the solution I was thinking of, but I had no idea it had been institutionalized enough to ave a name. In essence, TFP is a bartering arrangement between photographers and models. That is, photographers who need models to practice connect with models who need experience in front of the camera and shots for a portfolio. No cash exchanged.

Brilliant.

I am all about this bartering arrangement, and looking into how I get such a thing rolling. More news as I progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment